The Student News Site of Minnechaug Regional High School

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Polls

Do You Prefer to Stream Movies, or Go to a Theater?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Review of Rice’s Fruit Farm

Have you ever been to Rice’s Fruit Farm? Not sure if it’s worth it or not? Don’t know what is good or not? Here is my honest opinion about this town’s favorite place.

The sweet aroma of their famous muffin tops hits me like a pound of bricks.
Immediately, I hear sizzling bacon and eggs, and the pouring of a large cup of coffee. Soft lighting, with patriotic red and blue bows, hangs from a ceiling painted to look like the sky.
Another thing I notice right off the bat is all the wood. Everything is made of wood. The floors, the tables, the counters, the shelves, and the railings.
Right when I stepped into Rice’s Fruit Farm in Wilbraham, I got swept into the long, bustling line of people eagerly waiting to order food. I didn’t have nearly enough time to read the menu; there were so many options. Did I want breakfast, lunch, a drink, something hot, cold, sweet, savory?
The choices were piling up, and I knew I would be back in line again.
My eyes scanned the table next to the line. Perfectly packaged baked goods sat on a table tempting me to scoop one up.
If you’re indecisive, you have two choices: You can either never come here–because you won’t be able to decide what to eat–or you can come back many times to order everything at least once.As someone who is extremely indecisive, I recommended the second option.
Their menu also doesn’t include all their candy piled up on shelves, the drinks in clear glass fridges, and their vast variety of ice cream that people seem to order no ma

tter the season.
As soon as I walked to the seating area, I flew back in time. Wooden tables, booths, a counter with bar stools, and a window view of their outdoor seating. I’ve been coming here with my family and friends since I was a child. I spend many days in this cozy spot, gossiping and laughing after school with friends.
As I walk out of the door, the sweet, coffee scent lingers, making me eager to come back again…